Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Monday

I woke up this morning with the sad realization that I had to wake up, get dressed and drive to work, leaving my family at home. I miss so much in their lives being at this office.
I thought about the novel I am writing and how I need to be outlining. No matter how creative I keep telling myself that I am...I need to outline otherwise I get stuck. If I at least had a direction I wouldn't get stuck and I can change the plan anytime I need/want to. Writing is so much more than sitting down and typing up a story...
I started reading Obsessed by Ted Dekker over the weekend. It's good and I am excited to follow the story. I'm on chapter 3 now. I am almost finished reading, The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. The Shack is such a great story and has really re-shaped my view of God and the Trinity. I have been a Christian for so long, but always despised the religiousity of so many...I'm blessed to go to a particular church who doesn't get too involved with the religious, but The Shack really does make one stop and ponder while at the same time, it reads like scripture and makes you fall in love with the Creator all over again, each time you turn the page. I recommend it.

Our hopes are up with the Etsy store today. We picked up a bunch of vinatage items over the weekend and Sharayah was creating great jewlery/hair art most of the weekend. If you care, check out www.littlequirkyshoppe.com for gifts or self-gifts.

I do want to mention a store on here, WanderlustBling on Etsy. www.Wanderlustbling.etsy.com
This lady and her husband travel in an RV year round and she creates while he drives I imagine. It's all very interesting stuff and beautiful creations. I believe she is having a sale for V-day, but don't quote me on that. No matter, go and check out her store. Also, I have to mention nikkimichele on Etsy at www.nikkimichele.etsy.com who are just some wonderful ladies who are creating out of Stamford. Check out their store for some great items as well. Honestly, these ladies rock the playground I imagine. {More coming on Nikkimichele in the next few days.}

While perusing through Pounce this morning I must say that I found a few new Etsyans who are sure to do well. One, Barbosaart at www.barbosaart.etsy.com paints some beautiful pieces. I can imagine several of them haning on my own wall. The work looks just splendid and should be considered anytime you need an art change in your home or office.
Another great new seller working with clay is Laceypots at www.laceypots.etsy.com and is doing some great things with clay. I see some buttons that she created, but my favorite is an Orange mug with a large handle and purple interior, it just beggs me to come and drink my morning coffee in it - a perfect wake me up. Check her out, honestly, she'll be some competition.

Other than that folks, I think I'm going to get to my real j - o -b here and hopefully make some money today. Have a great day! Be blessed.

Kyle
{The Husband}

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment. My husband also has a real j-o-b, but he gets to work online and in his pjs! We travel on weekends, pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle and Sharayah thank you sooo much for the great shout out! You guys are at the top of the crowd for great people we have met on etsy and in life. Good luck to you both! Nikki of nikkimichele

    ReplyDelete